Our Porirua - voice of a proud community
This website was launched in June 2013 with an all new purpose. it replaces a portal style website with this site designed to provide a genuine community voice.
A community voice will take time to grow. It will happen through websites joining into the ‘Our Porirua Online Community’ where they can use a new and unique ability to share content, website to website.
With initial and generous support from the Porirua City Council, Our Porirua is in the ownership and care of the Porirua City Community IT Educational Trust (e-Learning Porirua).
How might you get involved?
Our Porirua Statement of Purpose and Mission
The plan for Our Porirua is evolving and the website seeks to become a genuine voice of the community, in all its diversity. The following is our draft founding Statement of Purpose and Mission.
To provide an online hub for all Porirua communities and groups, to facilitate better connectivity and the exchange of information, opinions and ideas.
To help transform and maintain Porirua as a good, vibrant, thriving and robust community for all through assisting strong and sustainable online connectivity.
This will be achieved through:
- Creating high quality digital connectivity both within Porirua and externally to the rest of New Zealand and globally.
- Providing a central online community hub for online content to be collected, found and used.
- Encouraging online connectivity between Porirua communities, groups and individuals, to help the community explore and understand all inherent advantages and opportunities so that they may be more fully harnessed.
- Helping to stimulate community development in any number of areas by leveraging the communities own strengths, skills and resources.
- Building a proud and actively engaged community of common interest committed to the success of Porirua
- Influencing a cultural shift towards learning, innovation and striving for improvement.
- Connecting talented and capable people.
- Celebrating and communicating success.
- Inspiring young minds.